Finally we have the details for Hugh's memorial in Ann Arbor. We apologize for the delay and the changes.
Celebrating Hugh Daniel's Life
Date: Saturday, September 28, 2013
Time: 3 - 7 p.m.
Where: Delhi Metropolitan Park
Huron River Dr. & E. Delhi Rd.
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48103
(It is an outdoor setting, so dress accordingly)
Parking: The entrance fee will be waived if you inform the gate that you are with the Daniel Party
1. It's a picnic. Meatballs, pulled pork and corn on the cob provided. Please bring a side dish, drink or dessert to share. BYOB beer and wine; no liquor allowed in the park.
2. A memory, story or reflection of Hugh to share.
3. Photos are welcome. Bring on flash drive or CD or email at least 24 hours ahead to email@example.com.
4. Memorabilia for display if you'd like.
5. A child-like party 'tude resplendent with costume, toy, talent or any expression you so desire - even if it is black garb.
6. Lawn chairs. There is a shelter with picnic tables, but you may desire something more comfortable.
We will start with remembrances, for which we welcome any and all to share a story, a though, a photo or anything they wish to share. We will then scatter his ashes in the Huron River so that he gets one last trip through Ann Arbor. The picnic will follow. This will be a causal event and we encourage children and a party atmosphere.
Hugh is going to join Gene & Majel Rodenberry on a deep space, permanent celestial journey to ?? The flight launches in fourth quarter 2014 by Celestis. If you would like to contribute to launching him, please visit Hugh.xisp.net. As you know, going into space was always his fantasy.
Please share this email announcement far and wide.
If you have requests or idea for honoring Hugh's life, please contact Lesli Daniel. Should you have an interest in showing your respects through flowers, the Family invites you to support his space travel in lieu or a donation to a non-profit of your choice.
Barbara Smart Daniel, Hugh's Mother firstname.lastname@example.org
Lesli Daniel, Hugh's Sister, LesliHiker@gmail.com
Hugh Daniel in 1995. Photo by Rodford E. Smith.